Saturday, November 3, 2012

the hero and the heart.

You hope to be remembered as a hero

As I look into your eyes and they spell out panels
Each pupil dark from pencil lines that create storyboards
with extra ink running even deeper because there was just too much to say
so story runs down the sides
Your eyes are oceans
Moats protecting the justice judicials
The super officials
The heroes
Because you wake up each morning
and put on courage like cologne
you are steeped in thoughts of how you’re alone
but you continue to wear truth like Technicolor tights
don't let yourself be any less than right
you wear love instead of a fight
you wear your heart on your sleeve
and that nice guy smile
I could write onomatopoeias for the inner battles you fight
As you punch out lights
And rumors
and hype
You think that nice guys finish last
But the truth is
the girls just move too fast because they're scared
to be treated correctly
A girl doesn’t think she deserves a vigilante
Because we damsels in distress
Live image depressed
Thinking that we’ll only ever get snatched up by villains
But I am the kind of girl
Who won't pass up the signal
Because when the alarm sounds
I’ll be the first on deadly ground
the girl I used to be isn't around
I'm no damsel, I am found
Because I knew it from the moment I saw your sweet disposition
you light up my days
like a Green Lantern mission
I would be Gwen Stacy 
If you’d be my Spiderman
A dynamic duo
Lois Lane and Superman
I would gladly be the woman watching you save days
And we’d live in a comic craze
Because behind every hero is a super lady friend
Behind every hero is heart
And no mutant professor could tear us apart
No evil plot, no underground bomb threat
Because I’d risk it all with no regret
Because you’ve always wanted nothing more than to be a hero
Well you are to me
though you never notice me
I’m the Invisible Woman
But I would sue storms for your attention
My Wonder Woman lasso could cut the tension
Because you
Are constantly caught up in
Catwoman calamity
While I sit back and listen
Trying to fulfill a mission
Of heart
Because you’re my hero
Whether you know it or not
We could be on fire
Human torch hot
And I may not own every issue
Of everything about you
But I’d gladly collect your memories
And put them in plastic to make sure they stay pristine
Because I say what I mean
 When I say
 I'd hide you in the back of the Hastings drawer
until I have the confidence to tell you what I see
That you’re a hero to me
And you can save my day anytime you’d like
till then I’ll take off on my bike
Pretending I don’t know how to fly
I’ll stay shy
And hope that one day
You’ll begin to read panel to panel
In my eyes
That you won't let yourself compromise
because you're amazing
you're a hero
and my heart's just in disguise**

No comments:

Post a Comment