Sunday, October 21, 2012

YOLO

You make me want to wear bright yellow
thinking I should walk down the street
catching eyes like I've got killer bait on the end of my hook
turning heads as if I were some kind of
natural disaster
I wish this would move faster
because precautions make me banter
on how fearlessness is my life
I don't have a basement for emergency shelter
No.
I don't have a food supply.
No.
I don't have a boat to paddle out should New Mexico flood.
No.
I don't carry cautious crap because I am fearless as a Wright brother
defying laws that could kill me
at least if I die
I'll land in the sky
and the stars won't ask why
they'll just move so that I can take my place
I am fearless like a firefighter
running up flights of stairs
knowing about country affairs
dying for the free land they share
for people who, the day before, didn't care
I am fearless
because tomorrow isn't mine
there's no plan to assign
because when I go to sleep
I evaluate
whether I filled my plate
or showed my lesser traits
or made my life sedate
I won't settle for a Left for Dead life
walking through with no purpose
waiting to die
No.
I will be the one who created it
not talking YOLO shit
because I'm no two-bit hypocrite
because why would I waste time
doing something that reiterates self-hate
when I could be first-rate
change the world by my breath intake
and each work I spit will inflate
the flat
so you'll know just where I'm at
I'm not sitting where you sat
because I leave my own footprints on
white sands everyday
I'm not afraid of the mark
I'll leave when I walk past
Don't need to keep my pimp hand strong
when I know my mind's impact
rhymes intact
max syntax
you wish that
you heard that
but I'm like the flash
words so fast you didn't even
see them hit the wall
acoustically
as you live your life stupidly
drowning sorrows in death wishes
live
not because Drake told you to
live
stop trying so hard and just do
live
because you know it too
you keep saying YOLO
but living starts with you*

No comments:

Post a Comment