Sunday, October 21, 2012

I could be happy.



I wish you were my Saturday night
That I could learn how to do this right
Because I have only ever known love half-baked
No one went to the trouble to fully cook the cake
Unless it was Mary Jane in the kitchen
And he was the one who ate
Because he’d rather take her on dates
Not me
I don’t see
Pretty
Anymore
Because I have to wonder why I was second on the list
I don’t want that to exist
I want to be free
I want you to want me
Cheap trick
I’m lovesick
And lonely
Which sounds pathetic
But true
Because I have a morbid kind of wanting
A missing piece
I don’t feel desperate
I need release
I need a two hour conversation
A fortune cookie sign
For stars to align
To get your heart with mine
Because I know you get that way too
When you sit in student union pews
By yourself
I know that you wonder why
No one tries
To know you
I want to
I just don’t know if you want me to
If you know who
I really am
And I wonder what it’d be like
If today was my only lifespan
Like a housefly
Would I
Would I
Say what I need to say
Act on what I pray
Because telling you anything
Is scarier than any horror movie
Even though those freak me out
It’s been so long since I’ve been happy
In someone’s arms
Because more often than not
There are more someone elses
Than someones
I still haven’t found one
But I think that it might be you
Even though everyone doesn’t want me to
I think I could be happy in your arms
And write bad poetry
Comtemplating you and me
Like I’m doing right now
The right kind of confusion
The dreams I see you in
I just hope you’d want that as much as me
The lucky star that 7 am sees
The way you talk to me at 2 am
I wasn’t asking them
I’m asking you
If you’d see it through
I could be happy in your arms**

No comments:

Post a Comment