Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oh, my God.

I went public for You
all of my friends know
things that were heartflow
a secret slideshow
kept in the depths of my solemn side
Because You kept it sunny every day
and I was fairweather
I was falling apart because I couldn't trust that You
had it all together
I hid verses between the sheets of a monthly Seventeen
I fell into crap but still claimed to be clean
I let those below me be straight up obscene
as they pulled me down by my checkered skinny jeans
and I became the world
between R-rated movies and teenage sleeze
I begged please
don't let me be unaccepted
don't let me be neglected
don't let me be alone
even though I never was
Because You are known for always keeping your word
You are the kind of relationship that should be preferred
Because nowhere in the bible does it say that God is there to be a rebound
Though his love knows no bounds
like a Bose speaker sounds
full
God wants to be your one and only
Don't need any sort of hotline when you're lonely
You've got a voice
you've got a mind
you've got a choice
you've got the time
Pray
God's gifts are bigger than the giant box on Christmas
Because I am no peasant, I'm a princess
My whole life's been clearance and thrift stores
But God swiped his card and bought couture
God showed me what I'm here for
I sing Lord
I'd like to believe that my voice sounds like old-school Mariah Carey in your ears
free
like a bird
you gave me the gift of song
even though my dancing is just ok
I sing because you handed me a song
and said sing along
your voice rights the wrongs
You said "sing, child"
and then I belonged
I write
I'm writing like I never wrote
more rhymes than a Kanye anecdote
and my pen can fly until it floats
Modest, as in Mouse, I'm taking notes
Because you created Tyler, though he claims creator
I could write a million poems about how you're greater
Greater than anything I could watch on TV or see on a DVD
You made me
You make me
You are me
I went public for You, God
because I'm free
to raise up my hands
to get up dance
to make an advance
because my relationship status is changed
along with the rest of who I am
Because when you look over
God's holding my hand
never alone
never defeated
never depressed
never conceited
because how can I be full of myself when I'm overflowing with Him?
Superman in the truest sense
Even Clark Kent backs up his defense
saved more lives than if he robbed a blood bank
Intense
Let our evergrowing hearts commence
in honoring the one true hero
not talking bout De Niro
or Spiderman or Stallone
We love our God
and we love Him alone***


No comments:

Post a Comment