Monday, June 18, 2012

Bird

We've been told that bird is the word
if you are a bird I am a bird
And the sky without birds is completely absurd
and a bat to a bird is what's always preferred
I am a bird
I feed myself on the images of streets
Of a pickle tub drummer's beats
on things that are obsolete
the past
They say that history repeats
a broken record
But why not learn from the past prospectors
why not open up our own doors
to move on from what happened before and fly
I
am a bird
I am free from cages
confinement can't commence
because I break chains
I stop trains
I make it rain
with a wise weeping sky
I am a bird
who will spread wings
to see the world
the plans unfurled
I'll fly toward the Sun
because I know my wax won't melt
and I'll hope to see my dreams
with pushpins pushed into their route
God-sized
Because I don't dream little
I am a bird
I fly
Because God opened my eyes
and said don't dream little
dream far from here
disappear
into the grandeur of a graffiti grazed future
Forget regrets
and fears
and fly
I am a bird
that's why***

No comments:

Post a Comment