Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'd like to dream.

I'm much too shy to say that I like the way
your lips curl around your teeth
Or that your tattoo is the hottest thing I've ever seen
ranked right under the preview for Magic Mike
My words spill out like pick up sticks
and I try to win the game
and I pray that just maybe the whole pile won't fall apart
when I try to say something smart
and end up talking about that one time I saw a weird guy at Circle K
I stay
up late at night
in a back and forth fight
in a ritual that just might
turn on a light
in every lady's mind
he likes me, he likes me not
I'm so plain and he's so hot
I'm an arrow, he's the shot
I'd like to dream but I'm afraid I'll get caught
the sirens will whirr
red and blue paint
I'll roll down my window
feeling so faint
hello officer
I'd swear I'm a saint
I didn't fall
I didn't swoon
I didn't do it
It's way too soon
It's an immortal sin
to admit that I'm in
So deep
But I sleep and I dream and I think
Maybe tomorrow I'll wear pink
Maybe I'll rouge my cheeks
Maybe I'll wave and wink
and you'll do a Baywatch run into my arms
and we'll set off fire alarms
so that it seems like we made it rain inside
for a perfect kiss
that was destined for us since we were kids
or maybe if you're free
it could just be you and me
and a Starbucks secret menu
or any other venue
as long as I'm around you
Because it's despicably true
that I really like you
the way you talk
the way your Toms and your shirt perfectly match
the way you're such a catch
and you don't even notice
I'd like to dream
that we'd make the perfect team
Pikachu and Ash
June and Johnny Cash
Oscar the Grouch and Trash
Let's face it
We were made to be brash
and dance with five left feet
and befriend everyone we meet
You and I are sweet
I'd like to dream
that more than high score tetris board
We'd be infinite
We'd be complete***


No comments:

Post a Comment