Thursday, January 3, 2013

Call Me T-Swift



They call me the Taylor Swift of slam poetry
Like they know of every inkling in my writing
That I manufacture made-up manuscripts
Written for me by someone else
Because to them each word is a catchy line from the underworld that is pop radio
They begin to shed tears as it infects the veins in their hands
Turning bloodlines to map patterns
With blood racing with the roof down belting out Our Song
Until their fingers grip pens like a constant snap
Making rough love with old notebook paper
That still has its edges
And they find themselves trying to write like me
Steal the synergy
Of my cute and free soliloquoy
About the boys who’ve wronged me
They’re only pissed because it’s so damn catchy
Clinging to the hemangeomas of their peeling poems
Because I seem too mainstream
Too big of a dream
An underlying scheme
Because they try to find something fake about me
But themselves is the only fake they see
Everything big and fake like the 80’s
You can hide behind your Dolly Parton’s ladies
But I am as real as teardrops on my guitar
I am as real as a Red kind of love
I am as real as a state of grace
I am as real as three chords and the truth
World changing
So call me Taylor Swift
Don’t care if you think that shit fits
Cause much like your muffin top jeans
I am overflowing
With success you’ve never met
And all you’re ever gonna be is mean
So we are never getting back together like ever
Hide behind your coat, I’ll brave the stormy weather
Because I could go bowling for broken hearts
And strike
Because I knew he was trouble
He said forever and always
He was treacherous
And he turned my world sideways
It’s not wrong to write about love
Over and over again
When your heart’s still getting new stitches
Embracing what it sees in mirror each day
Someone else needs to know that I feel that way
Don’t let yourself hate
Just because everyone relates to a broken heart
Even you
So mad props T-swift
No matter how many guys you’ve been with
You always get back up
Show the world your scars like tattoos
And you’re not so bad off
Kissed a Kennedy and John Mayer
Wrote a song about ‘em later
Each time a heart breaks
I’ll use the Taylor Swift intake
Take memories to notebook lines
Make him he wish he didn’t screw up this time
Because when he hears this rhyme
He’ll know his name was on my mind
and he’ll watch me making my own life
 wish he’d been a love song instead
I’ll always write what’s in my head
Because I’m real like a broken heart
And you’re real like lies about how you don’t know every part
Because you sing along whether you want to or not
Because you know what it’s like when love’s got you strung up and shot
So call me T-swift
I’ll write your heartbreak
And let you hate on me
For saying what you can’t say***

No comments:

Post a Comment