Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bad Liar

He said the dark was afraid of the light
Like a child pumping legs back and forth
until they could touch clouds but still afraid to jump off of the swing
They'd rather hang in equilibrium
they'd rather tease gravity
they'd rather take time to defy
and I
sang phrases from the section of my cerabellum
that is purely dedicated to song lyrics
as I pulled a Panic! at the Disco reference
All was golden in the sky
All was golden when the day met the night
He said light
is too bright for my shaded fearful eyes
I can't trust it to rise
with some compromise
for myself and what I can handle
Yes, light
is what the darkness craves
because the darkness likes anything that's brave enough to cross its bounds
Because darkness likes the way the middle ground sounds
Darkness wants to be with light
so light invites
the moon, shining like an open invitation from a bridesmaid to a best man
if that's not obvious, I don't know what is
the moon, wearing the shiniest thing it owns and making heads turn upward to admire
the moon, proving that light and dark need each other
Each star proving that the two make each other
so. damn. beautiful. 
You see, you can't make a shadow, unless you have light
Peter Pan, try as hard as you might
to sew that shadow to your shoe sole
I see into your soul
I pay my own toll
I have my own goal
You see, Peter, Wendy's taking flight
like Icarus toward the light
I can fly, I can fly!
Because I want to combine the light and the dark
like Van Gogh's starry night
I want to combine like pizza in a perfect bite
I want dark to fall right next to light
the moon and it's black sheet counterpart
they play the part
but I think they're about ready to retire
I think the sky is open to hire
I think you said once that I'm a bad liar
So I won't bother to lie about what's required
Because when we're together, we set stars on fire
So the job's ours
though neither of us is the applier
the moon and the black sky just know
that dark and light
are entirely entire
and you and me?
We're just bad liars***

No comments:

Post a Comment